Category Archives: RESPONSE
The Tropical Cyclone 02A (Nanauk) has weakened into a well marked Low Pressure Area (LPA) in the central Arabian Sea during last 24 hours. This well marked LPA has moved northeastwards with a gradual decreasing trend during last 06 hours and now located at Lat. 21.2°N and Long. 64.0 about 530 kms in southwest of Karachi. There is high probability of its dissipation over the water of north Arabian Sea in next 2-3 days.
Under the influence of this well marked LPA some isolated rain/thundershowers are expected in lower Sindh during next 2-3 days. The fishermen of Sindh and Balochistan may resume their activities from today.
- Activate Emergency Operations Centre (EOC)
- Deploy district Coordinators for the smooth functions of the response
- Conduct initial assessment of disaster affected areas and determine the extent of volume, loss damage and relief required
- Coordinate and inform all concerned departments and stakeholders to get prepare for emergency response (UN Agencies, DDMUs and organizations working on disasters)
- Ensure the provision of food, drinking water, medical supplies and non food items to the affected population.
- Prepare a transition plan from relief to recovery program.
- Organize regular media and public information briefings.
- With support from humanitarian agencies will prepare situation Report on daily and weekly basis and circulate to the relevant departments, UN, DDMAs and other I/NGOs working on the disasters etc